Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wicker chairs, little flies,
So many stories, so many lies,
Little flies—tell me where you’ve been
Tell me what you’ve seen,
Of those straw-hat dollies
On the wicker chairs, unwither’d.

Or the little blue umbrellas
On which sit the black-feather’d pigeons.
Cruel pigeons, who refuse to tell me stories
Only mutter in their gibberish tongues.

I was scared of your groans
Scared also of the flies (who visit the dead)
Scared that someone would steal my dollies
Or they would get up and walk away.

Until I realized
That the bamboos too were dead
Dead yet waiting
They couldn't get up and go,
Like my dollies, like me.

3 comments:

loony girl said...

"That the bamboos too were dead
Dead yet waiting
They couldn't get up and go,
Like my dollies, like me."

love this bit
and the entire feel of the poem
its really well written. very well written.

Parjanya said...

hmmm.... thankee :)

pritha said...

u r very mysterious in ur poetry...the feel of your words is icy sometimes,

still, stilted, dead
i feel cold, unsure

why do you leave my heart mourning every time?